Thursday, April 30, 2009

Summer suggestions?

So this time we have a post with no pictures! Imagine that!

Anyhow, as most of you who are reading this (or at least the one's who are following this blog) know, I am spending around two months this summer in sunny San Diego. I'm heading out there at the end of June to spend time with my lovely lady, and some friends, as well as my childhood BFF from Vermont who just so happens to be moving out there this summer to live with her boyfriend and who has offered me a possible place to stay (I was originally tentatively planning to stay in Santa Barbara with friends of my dad's).

So the question is... what does one do in San Diego? I was born in SoCal, but we moved when I was two and I haven't been back there to visit since I was in the 2nd grade. I already have tickets for San Diego Comic Con in July, and I plan on hitting up various theme parks and such, not to mention the beaches. HOWEVER, is there anything else in the area I should be sure to see/do? I know some of you have been there and know the area way better than I do.

Definitely planning on trying to hit up some auditions in LA while I'm out there too. Might as well! Who knows, maybe I'll actually get something?

On that topic, if anyone has suggestions for a part time summer job out there, that would be awesome. I'd like to try not to eat through ALL of my savings. XD

OK, I lied. I couldn't let this post end without a picture. So here's my friends and I getting all soaked at Universal Studios Florida last year.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.sandiego.org/article/Visitors/795

    http://www.sandiego.org/nav/Visitors/WhatToDo

    check these out :) hope you have a rad time out here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Sandiego five years ago and had a great time just wandering. Old Town is worth a day trip, the public transit is great (if slow), and Tijuana is available on public transport! I remember thier tourist/visitor board website had a lot of good recommendations. I stayed at The Little Italy Inn, which was beautiful and gave us their left over wine for free.

    ReplyDelete

Followers